Websites are a core component of any business today, even if you never process an order, book a service, or sell a product online. Websites create a way for people to find your company, engage with it, and make the decision to invest in it. More so, they create a simple way to take leads and turn them into revenue. Yet, a simple site is not good enough. Custom fit web design provides an affordable, but highly intuitive solution.
What Is Custom Web Design?
Custom web design and development is the creation of a website that fits a company’s unique needs, brand, and services in a way that does not necessarily fit into a standardized template. There are various services that offer templates, a type of fill-in-the-black, drag-and-drop type of service that can help your business to have a site. Yet, these are very limited in their ability to produce the sales you desire.
Custom web design is just what it sounds like – an ability to create a website that’s specifically tailored to meet the individual needs of your company. It means stepping outside of the template to create a website that:
- Achieves your company’s goals.
- Meets the expectations of your customers.
- Build your brand.
- Facilitates the capture of leads.
- Drives sales and growth for your business.
The question is, why should you invest in a custom website design instead of just using a standard template? There are a few key reasons why you should make this decision.
The Benefits of Custom Web Design
The benefits of custom web design are numerous and very much dependent on where your company stands and what your needs are right now. Consider these very common benefits.
Showcase your brand
Your custom website makes it possible for you to showcase your brand. You can use your website to define your brand and then communicate that brand to your customers. That may include simple things, like the adoption of colors and logos, but it goes beyond this. From the wording choices to the overall style of the site, your brand comes through. This helps people to remember your company every time they need a service you offer.
Rank higher in the search engines
A custom website helps you to rank in the search engines, too. When customers visit a search engine to find a company to help them with their repair or service need, you want to be sure your website shows up in that listing. Otherwise, they will call your competitors to learn what options are available to them. With a custom website, you can control more of the ranking of your site, and that means an increase in the number of leads your company gets over time.
Improve traffic to your website
The use of a custom website can also enhance the overall success your business has in turning website visitors into customers. You need people to take action when they reach your site, which often means setting up an appointment or calling for service. If your website does not convert people who get to your site into paying customers, that ends up costing your business time and money. A custom website, then, delivers a higher ROI than a static, templated- design.
Adapt to change easily
Another benefit is the ability to adapt your website over time to fit the changing trends in the industry. One way is to ensure a higher level of safety and security. Another is to ensure that your website is constantly up to date on the services you offer and provides visitors with the right information, tools, and marketing messages to reach today’s customer base.
Creative Power That Goes Way Beyond Templates
For some companies, the biggest reason to make the move to custom web design and development is that they want a website that works for their business’s specific needs. A template often has limitations that can make it hard for your business to achieve the goals you have.
Here’s an example. If you are an air conditioner repair company, you need a website that can help your customers in several ways:
- Educate them about when to get AC repair help
- Provide them with a sales pitch in an effective way to get them to call you for a consultation
- Help you to book appointments, especially for emergency or last-minute openings in your schedule
- Provide insight about your brand because consumers need to know the company they hire is highly skilled, certified, and experienced enough to offer reasonable support
- Remain competitive – which often means creating a space for blogs, social media connections, email lists, and much more to create an ongoing way of building your brand
While your website needs to tell people who you are and what you do, it also needs to make it easy for people to contact and work for you.
Why Customization Allows for More Success from Your Website
A custom fit web design offers numerous ways to grow the success of your company:
- Contact forms allow people to request information immediately and without any delay
- Informative articles and web content help to teach people what you do, when to call, and why
- Blogs help you to have SEO-rich content to boost your search engine rankings
- Blogs can also help you to build out your social media accounts, so people can come to you more readily
- Email newsletter signups can help you not just get that repair service but also their ongoing loyalty for repairs, maintenance, and upgrades
- Incorporate your localization – where you provide services so that the search engines can help to direct the right people to your site
This is just the start of the benefits that custom web design and development can offer to companies today. What’s more, it does not have to be a long or difficult process to have a customized website built for your business. It also can remain within your budget.
Are you ready to learn how? Contact us now to learn how we work to build a stronger, more customized website for our clients to build success.